Next to Normal by Brian Yorkey and Tom Kitt and directed by Chris Williams presents the ideas of loss and mental health within a small family unit, and how different people cope with personal traumas. With beautifully written music and lyrics, the show allows audiences to explore the minds of the Goodman family as they are forced to address their own battles. By focusing in on Diana Goodman, the matriarch of the Goodman household, and her struggle to coup with the death of a child we are offered a window into the stigma around mental health, as well as how various treatments can affect both the patient and those around them.
Tickets are $15.00 for adults and $10.00 for students when purchased online, $20.00 for adults and $15.00 for students when purchased at the door.
Our commitment to your health and safety:
– Everyone involved in this production is fully vaccinated against COVID.
– Patrons are required to be vaccinated against COVID. Proof of vaccination required at the door.
– All patrons attending a performance must wear a mask while in the building unless they are actively eating or drinking.
– All members of the crew, production team, and front of house team must wear a mask while in the building.
– Cast members must wear a mask when not on stage for a significant period of time.
– Furniture and other surfaces exposed to frequent contact are cleaned and disinfected before each performance.
Friday, March 18 @ 7:00 pm, doors open @ 6:30 pm
Saturday, March 19 @ 7:00 pm, doors open @ 6:30 pm
Sunday, March 20 @ 2:00 pm, doors open @ 1:30 pm
Friday, March 25 @ 7:00 pm, doors open @ 6:30 pm
Saturday, March 26 @ 7:00 pm, doors open @ 6:30 pm
Sunday, March 27 @ 2:00 pm, doors open @ 1:30 pm
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Innovations
117 E Salem Ave, Indianola, IA 50125
Diana: Alison Buechler
Dan: Michael Howland
Natalie: Madison Green
Gabe: Dane Van Brocklin
Henry: Sam Sides
Dr Madden: Ethan Saltz
Director: Chris Williams
Assistant Director: Emma Norman
Music Director: Claire Barth
Vocal Coach: Charissa Hamel
Stage Manager: Jim Lindsley
Master Carpenter: Jim Lindsley
Scenic Design: Natalie Hining
Lighting Design: Shawn Jensen
Costumes/Props: Michelle Vaudrin
Hair/Makeup: Katheryn Williamson
Intimacy Choreographer: Stephanie Schneider
Choreographer: Grace Ammann
Dramaturg: Jen Barry-Burton
This show contains language, and themes of death, grief, drug use, sex, mental health, electroshock therapy, neglect, emotional abuse, and suicide. Due to these themes and situations, this show is not recommended for audiences under 16.
Carousel Theatre of Indianola works hard to bring the highest quality theatre experience to all our productions and for all of our audience members. Before attending, we encourage everyone to learn a little bit about each play to decide whether a specific production is appropriate for you and your family.